Naval Air Station Fort Lauderdale (NASFL) was built on the site of Merle Fogg Field in 1942 as part of the national defense program; serving as one among 257 air stations during World War II, and as one of a few specialty schools for training on the TBM/TBF Avenger aircraft. NAS Fort Lauderdale made a big impact in the growth and economy of the South Florida region and the United States as a whole. Building # 8, The Link Trainer Building housed 6-8 Link Trainer flight simulators. It is the only remaining structure left on the naval base property—sole reminder of a naval complex of more than 200 buildings. This building is now the Naval Air Station Fort Lauderdale Museum.
Area: South East (Fort Lauderdale)
4000 West Perimeter Road, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 33315